Is your iPhone is updated with iOS 12? Now, some enhanced security features available for you by Apple. However, lots of essential and confidential information saved on phones ranging from medical records to bank related information and some important photos which we shouldn’t want to delete or share with someone else. Therefore, everyone’s phones are stored with complete data which are important to protect. Apple devices are always known for providing excellent privacy and security on its devices, but recently Apple launched iOS 12 update version to adds several numbers of security features that react to ever-growing online threats and different ways to interrelate with the world. Well, there are various other handiest security tools and settings in iOS 12, out of all there are few you should enable right now. They are as follows:
Select Your Lockscreen Features
For securing their iPhone users are using passcode, fingerprints, or face ID depending on their device. However, depending on the settings of the device, your information can easily be accessed when your device is locked. This happens because the iPhone lock screen can provide you access to phone calls, text messages, Siri, and other things to do. Since it means that if someone has your phone can easily do lots of things with your phone which you don’t want to do. Fortunately, for the benefits of the users, the iOS 12 version allows you to manage what features are showing on the lock screen. Though, you can change all these settings by using the steps which are mentioned below:
- Click on the ‘Settings’ option.
- After that, press the Touch ID & Passcode or ‘Face ID & Passcode’ depends on your model.
- Type your ‘Passcode’ in the prompted field.
- Now, scroll down the list and choose ‘Allow Access When Locked’ option.
- In this options window, you will see the list of options which are as follows:
- Today View.
- Control Center.
- Notification Centre.
- Reply with Messages.
- Home Control.
- Return Missed Calls.
- USB Accessories.
- For any of the feature you wish to block access to direct from the lock screen, toggle the slider Off/White position to disable it.
Use Autofill Passwords to Need Touch ID or Face ID
Sometimes, whenever you saved usernames and password of your website in Safari, so anyone in your known who have your iPhone and has been easily unlocking it, and will also be able to sign into any of the website accounts. It is a really huge security threat. But no worries, there are some other settings that can make accessing saved login credentials even more secure and protective. Here are some simple features by which you can easily be able to enable Autofill passwords option. Here how to do it:
- Hit ‘Settings’ icon to open settings option on the screen.
- Click on ‘Touch ID & Passcode’ or ‘Face ID & Passcode’ depends on the model of your iPhone.
- Provide ‘Passcode’ to unlock the iPhone on the screen.
- Change the Autofill Password slider to Green/On position.
Once the Autofill password feature turned on, the saved username and passwords now can only be accessed by someone who has access to the iPhone. Thus, the iPhone has biometric security features which are extremely safe and secure. So, your online account will always be safe.